Thursday, November 14, 2013

Stephanie's Blog

        In September, I made a complimentary entry about Stephanie Little's blog. I would like to follow that up, because I have some things to say.

      First of all, she apparently likes responding to other people's blogs, which is fine. However, what's not fine is to nit-pick over Sarah Schmidt's blog and make completely irrelevant and rude points over Alyssa Durbin's blog. While writing this post, I realized that she also made a response to one of my posts, the one about hipsters and the internet.

    I won't go into detail over the blogs, but some of her responses quite civil. Others, not so much. She has a habit of directly addressing the classmate she is criticizing in her blog. I did it once, so I understand doing it. The way she does it though is condescending, like she's scolding an errant child. It's offensive, and speaking of offensive, her phrasing gets to be downright rude. In her response to Alyssa's blog, she criticized Alyssa on having "poor phrasing", and while her phrasing was carefully constructed, it was harsh and again, condescending.

    Stephanie is a talented writer, and a good blogger. I just think that she should keep in mind that the rest of us are amateur high school student bloggers. We're not trying to get noticed here on the Internet; we are simply trying to get the grade. Maybe she needs to take a step back and re-read her posts to make sure that they aren't offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment