Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Not-So Mad Hatter

    I really liked Kate Hatter's blog, especially her post about the disappearance of the cultural underground due to the Internet.

    While most people who covered this topic (myself included), have taken a similar route. We've talked about the impact of the Internet on the underground, going into detail about how the Internet has changed the underground and what that looks like, she uses another approach.

   Kate instead sees the spread of fads as the disappearance of the cultural divide. I thought it was very insightful and interesting. I had never thought of the topic that way. I applaud Kate for thinking do out-of-the box. She uses the Harlem Shake as an example, and I completely agree with a lot of what she said.

    Kate's blog was interesting and thought provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment